Deltech's Privacy Statement
Collection And Use Of Personal Information
- What information Deltech collects from you,
- With whom we share the information we have about you,
- How you can correct the information we have about you,
- How we secure the information we have about you,
- How to address any concerns you may have over misuse of personal data.
What Personal Information We Collect From You
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you contact Deltech or access Deltech Support.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information that Deltech may collect and how we may use it:
- When you make a purchase, sign-up to receive information, apply for credit terms, request a download of any online resource, participate in an online survey, purchase a maintenance contract or request service, etc., Deltech many collect information from you, including but no limited to your name, mailing address, phone and fax numbers, email address(es), contact preferences, contract numbers, and payment information—credit card, debit card or other applicable method.
- When you refer other people to Deltech, we will collect information about them and may also request information from you, to deliver any rewards associated with such referrals. Information about the contacts you provide will be consistent with what has already been identified above. Additional information about you may include your preferences of reward type from a publicly posted list of rewards, and any other legal disclosure associated with such rewards.
- Under certain circumstances, where personal guarantees are necessary to accompany the level of financial liability implicit in a transaction, Deltech may request Social Insurance Numbers or other uncommon data. These instances will be clearly identified and you will have the option to decline such requests and forego the business transaction.
- We may also seek comments and testimonials from our customers to promote on our websites. The purpose of all such requests will be clearly identified. Deltech will seek permission to pots such documents or comments but reserves the right to edit the responses to meet its standards for external company communications.
How We Use Your Personal Information
The Personal Information We Collect From You Is Solely For The Purpose Of Conducting Business With You. Deltech Endeavors To Provide You With The Highest Level Of Customer Satisfaction. To Achieve That Outcome, We Rely On The Information You Provide To Us To Make Decisions On How Best To Serve You.
- We will use the information to keep you posted on Deltech’s latest product announcements, relevant promotions from ourselves and our business partners, updates to hardware and software that you may have acquired from us or for which we may have assumed responsibility, upcoming customer events—in-house and in external locations, and relevant industry news. We also issue a monthly newsletter to accepting subscribers. You may choose to opt out of our mailing list anytime. Where systems capabilities permit, we will allow you to customize the information that you wish to receive from using online access to your profile.
- You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to establish your contact preference.
- We may seek information from you to help us to improve our portfolio—both goods and services—the form and content of our communication with you and others, sales methods, overall quality of service, and any other aspect of our business that affects your customer experience with us.
- We may offer promotions alone or in conjunction with our partners. Such promotions may be presented on our site but may originate with our partners. Deltech will endeavor to provide maximum transparency in all promotions. If you enter into any such promotion, contest or sweepstake, we or our partners may use the information you provide to administer those programs. You always retain the right to terminate any such participation if you believe the level of information requested is more than what you wish to share.
- We may use personal information for internal analysis of Deltech’s business activities. These activities may include but are not limited to audits of our business results, research into preferences and use of our products, and analysis of responses to all forms of customer communications, etc.
- Periodically, we will notify all customers of significant changes to our business methods and policies, whether due to our own initiatives or due to significant regulatory or legal changes that mandate substantial changes to how we do business. Because of the nature of these notices, we will restrict our customers’ ability to opt out of receiving them. Deltech may issue such notices to all its customers via multiple delivery options, and may also repeat such notices.
Disclosure To Third Parties
At times Deltech may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that we work with to provide products and services, or that help Deltech to market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Deltech with such parties for the express purpose of fulfilling our business obligations to you. Your information will not be shared for unrelated activities such as partner marketing, public relations, and unsolicited sales, etc.
Deltech shares personal information with companies who provide equipment to our customers for purposes such as fulfilling customer orders, shipping of new equipment, meeting warranty obligations, and for ongoing maintenance requirements such as software and firmware upgrades, etc. These companies may be located in other geographies and be subject to different rules for information management.
Such equipment partners that operate in other geographies may be bound by rules beyond our control. However, the Deltech terms of engagement will seek to offer full protection of your information that you provide to us, within the scope of our information privacy guidelines.
We partner with service providers who share in the delivery of technical services as well as those who provide supplementary services like credit and shipping.
Our technical service providers may require personal information related to the fulfillment of service contracts. Such information may include but is not limited to your name, address, contract number, contact expiry dates, alternate contacts and their contact details, etc.
Deltech also shares personal information with supplementary service providers who provide services such as extending credit, shipping of goods, insuring of goods, fulfilling customer orders information processing, and customer research or satisfaction surveys.
Such service partners may operate in other geographies and be bound by other rules beyond our control. However, the Deltech terms of engagement will seek to offer full protection of your information that you provide to us, within the scope of our information privacy guidelines.
To comply with law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence, Deltech may be obligated to disclose some of your personal information.
Deltech may preemptively disclose your personal information if we believe that it is in the interest of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, where such disclosure would be deemed reasonable by law.
We reserve the right to disclose information about you if we deem that to be necessary and in the interest of our business and that of our partners, to enforce the terms of business agreed to with you, to uphold commitments to our partners, and to mitigate losses that might arise from your failure to meet your business obligations with us.
In the event of any significant change to our business operations, such as a merger or sale, we may transfer any and all personal information we have about you as part of that transaction, which may involve transfer to any relevant third parties participating in such a transaction.
How you can correct the information we have about you
Deltech understands that the information we have about you is critical to our relationship, both in terms of its accuracy and your acceptability of what we maintain on file. We welcome your help and will respond to your requests for management of such data to respect your privacy preferences and maintain accurate information.
- Deltech applies disciplined aging of information practices. We will maintain information online, only for limited durations. Our aging practices allow the shortest reasonable duration for credit card information, which is then purged from our online store database. Personal profiles are allowed to persist longer but also expire. Deltech regularly reviews these durations to ensure they remain consistent with industry practices. Longer durations may apply if required by law.
- Deltech will make good faith efforts to provide you with access to information and give you control over all discretionary information about you. We reserve the right to limit requests for changes to information if such changes impose substantial and unwarranted business demands—unreasonable requests of any sort, repetitive requests, unreasonable technical demands, are impractical and irrelevant to the business at hand, or may negatively affect the privacy of others etc.—and if such requests are not justified under law.
- You may also send requests by mail to our office address. Please see the “Contact Us” link on the company’s website: www.deltechcommunications.com.
How we secure the information we have about you
Deltech takes reasonable measures in how it administers information, how it maintains your information on its or its partners' computing systems, and how it physically protects the related computing devices to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, unauthorized access or sharing, unwarranted disclosure, alteration, and premature destruction.
- Deltech’s online properties—whether locally or remotely hosted—use high level encryption (Secure Sockets Layer, SSL) on all web pages where personal information is collected.
- All purchases require the use encryption and a SSL-enabled browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Opera to protect the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
- We do not provide any Deltech managed forum where users’ online personas may be visible to each other. However, some links on our website may link to such networks. You are responsible for managing your online protection in these environments.
Protection Of Minors
We will establish age limits in a manner that is consistent with our business needs and prevailing industry practices. Deltech, at its discretion, may limit the age of people from whom it collects information to a minimum age, up the commonly accepted Age of Majority (18 years in Canada, 19 years in the US).
We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of any person under the age limits we consider appropriate, we will take responsible steps to delete the information as soon as possible, with necessary safeguards to any related business relationships.
If We Change Our Privacy Statement, We Will Post The Revised Statement In This Same Web Location, With A Revision Date On The Last Page. If We Make Significant Changes To Our Statement And Deem Such Changes To Be Important To All Customers, We Will Employ Our Mandatory Notification Practice And May Also Notify You By Various Means, Including Any Or All Of Sending You An Email, Sending You A Special Mail By Post, Posting A Notice On Our Home Or Attaching A Message To Your DeltechOnline.Com Webstore Profile. We May Also Repeat Such Notifications As We Deem Necessary.
How To Address Any Concerns You May Have Over Misuse Of Personal Data
We Promote And Enforce A Companywide Commitment To Your Information Privacy With All Deltech Employees To Ensure Consistently High Regard And Care For The Information That You Provide To Us.
Customer Information Privacy
Deltech Communications Group, Inc.
250 Shields Court, Units 12 & 13
Markham, Ontario, L3R 9W7
Collection And Use Of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where a Deltech product--which may be from any of our supported manufacturers--is used, to help us gain a better understanding of our customers' business, which products and services will service them best, and what their preferences are for communication methods and styles.
Whenever we combine non-personal information with your personal information the combined information will be treated at the higher levels as personal information, for as long as it remains combined.
Customer Online Tracking Technologies
Deltech’s websites, online services, email messages, and advertisements may apply user tracking technologies to help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our website people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
- As a standard common practice, most websites gather information automatically and store that information in log files that are hosted on your local computer. This information includes various technical parameters such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), originating pages, URL to which the user exits, the operating system on the client computer, date/time stamp, and other miscellaneous technical data that is a standard part of each IP transmission.
- In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Deltech or its partner websites. Clicking on one of these URLs may pass you though a separate web server that tracks originating information, before you arrive at the destination page on our website or a partner’s website. Such click-through data helps us to assess customer interest in particular topics and to measure the effectiveness of our communications methods. All such links will be affected by normal browser behavior that identifies the text or graphic as a “hotlink.” If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, do not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Third-Party Sites And Offers
Deltech's websites, product and service information, and the resources we make available online may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. If you access those links, you may leave the Deltech website.
Deltech does not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from our own, and a link to any such offer does not imply an endorsement of the offer or the third-party website by Deltech. You may be required to provide contact details and other personal information, in accordance with the third-party company’s rules for such offers.
Users Outside Of Canada
Deltech provide high levels of personal privacy; however, we are not bound to your local personal information rule may be subject to different legislation. The prevailing legislation on privacy laws that guide this website is the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), established at the Canadian federal level of government, which controls the collection, use and disclosure of personal information across virtually all private-sector companies doing business in Canada.
Under PIPEDA, a company may only collect personal information with the individual’s consent, and may only use this information for the stated purposes. To be compliant with PIPEDA, a company must appoint a privacy officer who is accountable for the company’s privacy policies and activities. The company must have written, public information privacy policies, and train its staff on these policies. In addition, the company must have a complaints process to investigate violations of its privacy policies and be able to support an audit of these activities.
Through this Privacy Statement, the practices outlines within, and the assignment of such responsibility within its operations, Deltech seeks to provide you with the full level of protection intended by such legislation.