Avid Media Asset Management
Interplay | MAM
Find assets fast, streamline your media operations, and enable new revenue opportunities with Interplay | MAM, a powerful, highly scalable, and fully customizable media asset manager. READ MORE...
Interplay | Production
From a single facility or in locations across the world, you and other contributors can work on multiple projects, or the same project, at the same time. READ MORE...
Media Central | UX
MediaCentral | UX is a web and mobile platform that delivers the ultimate in flexibility, enabling you to work how, when, and where you want. READ MORE...
Interplay | MAM
Find assets fast, streamline your media operations, and enable new revenue opportunities with Interplay | MAM, a powerful, highly scalable, and fully customizable media asset manager. Trusted by top broadcast, news, and post-production facilities, Interplay | MAM manages the entire lifecycle of your finished content, making it easy to browse and retrieve media across multiple tiers of storage for reuse or repurposing. And with its service-oriented architecture, it easily integrates into your existing infrastructure, no matter who manufactured the systems you currently have.
Access assets anytime, anywhere
Interplay | MAM makes it easy to search for and find the assets you need fast. And now that it’s fully integrated on the Avid MediaCentral Platform, you can use MediaCentral | UX in conjunction with Media | Index and make all production and archived assets—stored across multiple local and remote systems—accessible to every in-house and remote contributor through a single, common, web-based interface.
Consolidate and truly manage your media
Interplay | MAM is fully modular, enabling you to customize the system to meet your specific needs, whether you’re a global broadcaster, news organization, post-production facility, government agency, or educational institution—large or small. Automate and manage media ingest, file import, transcoding, quality control, and other complex processes through the powerful workflow and process engines, providing operational efficiency and consistency. And get customizable metadata flexibility to ensure that each database is optimized for ideal use.
Save time and money
Eliminate the expense of juggling multiple systems and hiring teams to ingest and transcode media. With Interplay | MAM, you get a single, centralized system for storing and managing media, plus the ability to automate and manage complex media tasks, so you and your teams gain more time to spend on creative activities. And it easily integrates into any existing infrastructure, whether you’re using Avid or third-party solutions—or a combination of both. Plus, you can use your existing MediaCentral | UX client licenses with the system.
Gain business intelligence and new revenue opportunities
With Interplay | MAM, you have a host of monitoring, analytics, and reporting capabilities at your fingertips, giving you considerable insight into your media operations and workflows, so you can make more informed decisions about resources, services, and improving your business. What’s more, new revenue streams can be realized quickly, as the system makes it easy to find and determine which valuable assets to reuse or repurpose.
Experience the benefits of being on the platform
Interplay | MAM is now fully integrated on the Avid MediaCentral Platform, including tight integration with Interplay | Production, enabling you to greatly boost your operational efficiency and expand collaboration beyond the walls of your facility.
- Enable local and remote contributors to access assets and projects anywhere and collaborate in real time.
- Accomplish a range of tasks using a variety of role-based toolsets, all housed in the single, unified MediaCentral | UX interface.
- Perform complex, multi-stage tasks with drag-and-drop ease.
- Streamline IT requirements through the use of a common, centralized interface, making upgrading and maintenance easy.
- Get greater visibility into your entire media archive, no matter where the assets are stored.
- Extend Interplay | Production and iNEWS interoperability to encompass your entire media operation and into more revenue-generating opportunities.
- Browse, search for, and locate assets across multiple local and remote Interplay | MAM, Interplay | Production, and iNEWS databases—no matter where the media is stored—by adding Media | Index to your workflow.
Access assets anywhere, on any device
Browse, search for, and locate assets and content using MediaCentral | UX. This web-based front end to the platform enables you to work on projects in real time by connecting to Interplay | MAM, Interplay | Production, iNEWS, and other systems—wherever you are—from practically any desktop workstation, laptop, or mobile device.
Maintain and scale a system with ease
Eliminate point-to-point, maintenance, and integration issues with the new messaging and services bus, which adds a highly adaptable, standardized communications layer to Interplay | MAM, making third-party system connections and interoperability easier and more reliable than ever.
Find media fast for reuse and monetization
Interplay | MAM can keep track of millions of digital assets throughout their media lifecycles, enabling you to browse, find, and retrieve assets and archived content quickly to reuse in a new story or project, or generate new revenue streams, such as video on demand. And it supports rich metadata and multiple database search, making it easy to find the exact media you’re looking for—no matter where the assets are stored.
Access and interact with assets
With Interplay | MAM, you can track, manage, and control all media ingest and transcoding, annotate and modify metadata, browse and retrieve assets, play proxy media, and create EDLs using web-based client applications, including MediaCentral | UX on a Mac, PC, or mobile device, or Interplay | MAM Desktop. And because it focuses on managing finished assets, you can extend collaboration across your entire media business—beyond your production teams.
Get reliable asset management that integrates with everything
Interplay | MAM features an industry-proven, services-oriented architecture (SOA) that makes it easy to integrate into your existing infrastructure, no matter who manufactured the systems you currently use. Interplay | MAM API’s (Application Program Interfaces) enable broad integration with over 100 of the industry’s best media solutions, plus extensive SDKs and developer programs for further customization, freedom of choice is on your side. And it’s easy to add new servers, storage, encoders, applications, and more as your business grows, as Interplay | MAM plays well with everything—it just works.
Speed up efficiency with workflow automation
With integrated support for Avid and third-party systems, you can create complex, automated workflows to import or ingest media to multiple locations, create proxy media for high-efficiency workflows, and transcode or rewrap content into a wide variety of formats for easy delivery to multiple platforms.
Archive and manage any type of asset across any type of storage
Interplay | MAM can handle nearly any type of digital asset—including video, audio, graphics, PDF files, documents, and finished programs—and works with Avid and third-party storage, making it extremely versatile in any media environment. And because it mainly focuses on metadata and proxies for any given asset (it points to the originals instead of working directly with the files), it can manage a vast range of SD, HD, and high-res files, providing complete format independence.
Extend your existing Interplay | Production workflow
By adding Interplay | MAM, you get a wealth of new capabilities that go beyond your Interplay | Production functions:
- Extend asset management across multiple tiers of Avid and third-party storage.
- Get support for a wider range of media assets and documents at a peer level.
- Search for, browse, and access assets across LANs and WANs.
- Get more advanced tagging and search capabilities and flexible metadata configurations.
- Track the full history, or genealogy, of every asset in any given database.
- Automate internal workflows and interface with external business processes through easy workflow scripting.
- Get long-term media management capabilities that can be scaled as your business grows.
Enhance your existing iNEWS workflow
By adding Interplay | MAM, you can streamline your archiving needs, while complying with local broadcast archive regulations and requirements:
- Browse archived stories and videos for reuse in new stories for better newsroom efficiency.
- Automatically archive all iNEWS stories in a rundown to Interplay | MAM.
- Archive selected stories in iNEWS directly to Interplay | MAM.
- Speed up the research process for new stories by finding useful and relevant material, restoring previously archived video, and/or assembling an EDL of a previously archived video.
Add, edit, and customize metadata for your needs
With support for multiple customizable tracks of timecode-based “Strata” metadata, which can display dialog, scene descriptions, actor names, locations, emotions, and more, everyone in your organization can find the assets they need fast and get critical information related to the media, such as usage rights. You can also customize the metadata layout in each database and modify on the fly to make it work the way you want.
Integrate closed captioning easily into your workflow
Work with closed caption media easily using the Closed Caption Module, which enables you to import and archive SCC (Scenarist Closed Caption) files, extract caption text, and import it into Interplay | MAM strata to allow for searching.
Get cost-effective management
With powerful workflow and process engines, you can accelerate complex business procedures with full workflow orchestration and automation capabilities, enabling you to cut costs and improve media quality and consistency. Plus, with universal media access, workflow analysis, and real-time visibility into projects, you can streamline your entire media operation to run more efficiently, so you can respond more quickly to new business opportunities.
Grow your business, grow your system
Every business’ needs and budgets are different. That’s why Interplay | MAM is fully customizable. Start with the entry-level, prepackaged Interplay | MAM Foundation system, which provides the core set of media tools that will satisfy smaller organizations, then add the integrations, services, and customizations you need for your business and workflow. No matter what you start with, you can expand your system further as your needs grow.
Get expert help, service, and advice
All Interplay | MAM systems include expert consultation from our Avid Professional Services team, who work closely with you throughout every stage of planning, management, training, and implementation. Plus, you get one year of renewable Avid Elite Support, giving you the Avid Advantage, with access to world-class media industry experts whenever, wherever, and however you need them.
Interplay | MAM offers a wide array of options, services, integrations, and customizations, enabling you to choose an easy-to-integrate prepackaged system that will meet most common asset management requirements, or design a full-scale solution that effectively solves your most daunting challenges and addresses your unique needs.
Get started with Interplay | MAM Foundation
Interplay | MAM Foundation is an entry-level, streamlined, prepackaged solution that provides the core set of tools to address the most common access, operations, and asset protection needs of your media organization. This centralized, powerful, and dynamic media hub is an efficient and economical way to simplify and improve your media operations and archive:
- Get a complete solution of software, workflow automation, platform integration, professional services, and support.
- Import and export files, with automated proxy creation and video analysis.
- Find the right files fast with the help of multiple metadata tracks that provide valuable details.
- Unite contributors across your organization—no matter their role or geographic location.
- Collaboratively plan, select, shot list, annotate, review, and approve content.
- Streamline your current media operations and make it more efficient.
- Automate non-creative tasks, including file import, transcoding, and media distribution.
- Speed up processes with graphical workflow modeling and orchestration.
- Extend your Interplay | Production and iNEWS workflows to MAM using MediaCentral | UX.
Interplay | MAM Foundation includes:
Client software (5 base licenses):
- MediaCentral | UX-Access assets and work on projects anywhere, from any device.
- Interplay | MAM Desktop-Search for and retrieve assets through a web-based interface.
- Interplay Cataloger-Add and edit timecode-based metadata with great detail.
- Interplay | MAM Administration Suite-Set up user access and maintain the system.
- Business Process Management Suite-Automate file import, transcoding, and delivery and execute other processes.
Workflows and business processes:
- Video file import-Provides proxy generation (requires connectivity to Telestream Vantage or other transcoding service) and video analysis (keyframe extraction and shot detection).
- Video file export-Restores from tape (requires connectivity to SGL Broadcast FlashNet or Front Porch Digital DIVArchive), offers transcoding (requires connectivity to Vantage or ProMedia Carbon), and EDL handling (cut and stitching).
- Simple file import (non-video)-Imports files without conversion (no archiving to tape).
- Simple file export (non-video)-Exports files without conversion (no restoring from tape).
- Data management:Standardized data model with over 350 pre-defined metadata fields (can be modified and expanded at any time).
- Server software: Interplay | MAM Server license for up to 50 concurrent users.
- Avid Professional Services:MAM Service installation on up to four host server or virtual machines.
- Support:One year of renewable Avid Elite Support, providing 24x7 priority assistance and advice.
Design your own Interplay | MAM solution
Interplay | MAM Foundation can be customized and expanded to an enterprise-level solution with additional third-party integrations, workflows, services, clients, and other options to meet your needs now and in the future. With help from our Avid Professional Services team, you can design a completely customized system that tightly integrates with your existing systems and infrastructure, greatly streamlining your operations so you can maximize efficiency and make the most of your media.
- Configuration:Configure your system to your unique workflows, system integrations, and business needs.
- Integrations:Integrate your existing third-party databases, libraries, and other systems, enabling you to use Interplay | MAM to search and locate assets across all systems.
- Data model:Customize the fully flexible metadata model to your business and media requirements, enabling you to work with metadata in the specifications you need.
- New Workflows:When configuration isn't enough, Avid Professional Services can design custom workflows for your unique challenges and needs, from media operations and orchestration, to content workflow, archive, and media lifecycle management.
- Phased delivery:For larger business "transformational" projects, get detailed analysis of your business and current workflows, a deep understanding of what your business will look like in the end, and exceptional project management and service across large multi-phased system implementations.
- Possible change management:Get help with managing the changes your new system may bring, including facilitating closer user collaboration, training, and support.
- Multi-domain-Install: Interplay | MAM across multiple servers and/or virtual machines in more than one location.
- File Analysis-Extracts technical metadata from video files.
- Media Rewrapping Service-Rewraps files to a different format (ideal for MXF video).
- Resource Manager-Optimizes your infrastructure usage
- Telestream Vantage Connector-Enables a connection to Vantage for transcoding (OEM license for Vantage available).
- Harmonic WFS ProMedia Carbon Connector-Enables a connection to ProMedia Carbon for transcoding.
Contact Avid professional services to learn more and see how interplay | mam can transform your business
Datasheets and WorkflowsInterplay | MAM Foundation Solution
Interplay | MAM Desktop
Interplay | MAM for MediaCentral | UX
WhitepaperUnderstanding the Return on Investment of Media Asset Management Systems
Interplay | Production
Media Composer | Software
Media | Index
MediaCentral | UX
ISIS | 2500
The Inside Track on Enterprise Media Management
Get the Inside Track
on music entertainment’s hottest channelRead their story >
Other Customer Stories
- NBC Olympics Coverage Triumphs with Avid.
- Interplay | MAM at Center of Radio Televisyen Malaysia Transformation.
- Interplay | Production and Interplay | MAM Move YLE to File-based Workflow.
Interplay APIInterplay API Program
APIs and SDKs that extend interoperation and metadata access to third-party applications and systems
Connectivity Partner Program
The Interplay family runs on Avid MediaCentral, an open platform that supports virtually any file type and enables exchange with applications used in content creation, distribution, and management.
Other ResourcesAvid Community
Connect with other users
Avid Knowledge Base
Find answers, ask a question, locate documents and downloads
Compare Interplay | MAM and Interplay | Production
How do Media Asset and Production Asset Management compare?
Avid Training Services
e-Learning, classroom, and on site courses for every user, every level Do the impossible, simply.
Interplay | Production
We have become more collaborative and efficient than ever before, meeting our business and technological challenges
Mohamad Fares, Head of Broadcast Technology, Qatar Television
The necessity to meet increased competition and exploding demand for more content delivered in different versions to more platforms—without compromising creativity or quality—requires a better approach to media production.Interplay | Production manages and coordinates content creation, automates workflow, and empowers you and other contributors across your production and editorial ecosystem to collaborate effectively so that projects can easily move in parallel and be completed faster. Tasks such as media movement, transcoding, and proxy generation are orchestrated in the background while producers, editors, assistants, and reviewers around the world can find, arrange, edit, review and annotate media—without wasting time looking for the right clip.
Increase production capacity
From a single facility or in locations across the world, you and other contributors can work on multiple projects, or the same project, at the same time. With intelligence applied to every asset, media becomes easier to locate, use, and repurpose, and teams can stay focused on creating content rather than managing it.
With capacity to do more, organizations can develop new programming and explore new markets. Media Composer | Cloud (formerly Interplay Sphere) workgroup-connected remote editing opens completely new production and content possibilities, and Media | Distribute (formerly Interplay Pulse) enables you to directly publish to any platform for faster and more effective audience reach.
Interplay | Production takes content creation to a whole new level of speed, efficiency, and creativity. Work goes faster, costs go down, and creativity flows when access to media is instant, remote sites are interconnected, and contributors have the tools they need, when they need them.
Integrate with existing systems and extend workflows
A vibrant partner ecosystem and powerful APIs mean that the solution you need is close at hand. Interplay | Production workflows tightly integrate with Media Composer | Software, ISIS storage, and video infrastructure.
With over 2,100 deployments, Interplay | Production is relied on daily by the most demanding, deadline-driven broadcast and media production organizations in the world. Partnership with Avid means ready access to industry best practices and the most knowledgeable services and support professionals in the industry.
Interplay | Production addresses a wide range of customer workflows and adds entirely new workgroup capabilities:
Accelerate turnaround time
Interplay | Production provides support for the new Media | Director option to simplify and speed up file-based workflows. Media | Director orchestrates the process of ingesting media into production and nearline storage, enabling you to start editing immediately and accelerate project turnaround. Prep an entire day’s worth of footage quickly and accurately by simply initiating media parking, transcoding, and check-in through the intuitive interface, which offers complete drag-and-drop ease. You can even upload file-based media from your mobile device to your facility using the Media | Director drop utility.
Access files remotely from everywhere
With support for the new Media | Index option, you can accelerate and extend file search across multiple Interplay | Production, Interplay | MAM, and iNEWS systems—regardless of where the media asset or iNEWS story is located. This optimized, high-performance search engine enables you to find and preview clips and sequences instantly across multiple Interplay databases—even across multiple global facilities—and serves as the linchpin of the entire collaborative process. And now these workflows are enhanced by user-aware search and the ability to browse Interplay Archives, enabling you to perform a single search of all online media asset repositories, as well as media that has been archived in an Interplay | Production Archive system.
Enable remote collaboration with Media Composer | Cloud
Media Composer | Cloud enables any Media Composer editor with an Internet connection to connect to an Interplay | Production workgroup. It connects multiple remote editors simultaneously, enabling them to combine footage from their location with material on the Interplay | Production system at the home facility, giving remote editors and contributors the same creative power and experience as if they were in the home facility. And now Media Composer | Cloud editors can trigger the Send-To-Playback process, accelerating time to on-air. Remote editors can also work offline from the production system by receiving high-resolution assets from a distant Interplay-enabled facility.
Work anywhere with Avid MediaCentral | UX
The acclaimed Avid MediaCentral | UX (formerly Interplay Central) web-based toolset enables flexible media review, annotation, logging, shot-listing, basic editing, and pre-planning from everywhere, plus simplifies deployment with single-point licensing and administration. Plus, you can scale your system as needed. Expand from a basic 5-seat Interplay | Production configuration to up to 330 connected users. Or upgrade to an Avid MediaCentral | UX Advance license and extend your connections to Interplay | Production, iNEWS, and Interplay | MAM.
Work faster with end-to-end closed captioning
Increase your operational efficiency by enabling contributors to create and maintain closed captioning throughout the entire workflow. You can even create and edit captions for sequences in MediaCentral | UX.
Save time and money with software virtualization
With support for software virtualization, you can reduce operational cost, as the hardware requirement to deploy and maintain Interplay | Production is minimized. In addition, upgrading software is easier than ever, enabling you to stage new releases of Interplay | Production software while the system is active, minimizing downtime, plus you can easily roll back to a previous release if needed.
Work with the hardware you want
Interplay | Production now works with both Avid and third-party servers, enabling you to reduce operational cost by capitalizing on the existing hardware servers and vendors you already have in your data center.
Gain total resolution independence
Take on any job—in any media resolution—without limits. Interplay | Production now offers Avid Resolution Independence, enabling you to work with and manage high-res media as easily as you do with HD and SD content. This “future-proof” workflow utilizes the highest quality video codecs available today, including the new Avid DNxHR codec and Sony XAVC-Intra HD 100 at 50i and 59.
Get support for multicam projects
Perform multicam logging and sequence generation from anywhere through the browser-based MediaCentral | UX interface, with the resultant composited video stream displayed as either multi- or single-angle directly in the UI player window, accelerating reality television, TV studio entertainment, and other similar production workflows.
Stay updated and connected
Workgroup members can use the Interplay | Production messaging system to exchange asset links and notes on assets throughout the workgroup and directly to the editing desktop, speeding pre-planning, review, and approval.
Deliver to multiple platforms with a single solution
Media | Distribute unifies and simplifies content distribution to a diverse community of channels and devices through workflow automation, in the right format for each.
Sync projects with Media Composer
A closer relationship between the Media Composer bin structure and the Interplay | Production directory structure enables production facilities to work similarly to maintain the shared bins/projects.
Collaborative production management
Track every media file component and its relationship to each project. Link all resolution and format versions, maintain version control, enable smart media deletion, and support workflows in a wide range of resolutions and formats. Messaging system with deep links to assets enables enhanced collaboration between workgroup members.
Search and media management
Quickly find, browse, and bring media into your project from local or remote sites. Extended search allows for filtering based on a wide range of metadata attributes. High resolution versions of remote media are transparently delivered to the destination site.
Web-based tools and media streaming enable collaborative review, annotation, logging, shot-listing, basic editing, and pre-planning from anywhere. Media Composer | Cloud (formerly Interplay Sphere) adds support for remote Media Composer editing, full workgroup connectivity, and fast, transparent uploading.
Connected archive storage
Extend online shared media access with workgroup-connected ISIS | 2500 nearline storage or high-density data tape archive systems, enabling effective storage management.
Complete integration, reliable operation
With complete integration and workflow testing with best-of-breed Media Composer, ISIS shared storage, AirSpeed ingest/playout, iNEWS newsroom management, Interplay | MAM, and over 80 qualified partner integrations, Interplay | Production solutions minimize risk, decrease support problems caused by vendor finger-pointing, and decrease uncoordinated version compatibility issues.
Producers, loggers, and assistants can work intuitively with any type of media, instantly delivered as proxies over common Internet connections. Media Composer | Cloud adds full bi-directional workflow for editors on location or wherever the story is happening.
Access local and remote media
Eliminate guesswork and dramatically save time by directly searching for media in local and remote sites, then dragging and dropping selected in/out points to the timeline as the full–res version is automatically transferred in the target format.
Unleash the power of collaboration and simplify production
The included Avid MediaCentral | UX (formerly Interplay Central) toolset provides focused tools for journalists, producers, assistants, loggers, reviewers, media managers, and administrators. Much more work gets done ahead of the editor with web-based tools that are usable everywhere to search, browse, do multi-camera logging, basic editing, review and approval, build complete news packages, and more while non-creative tasks are handled in the background.
Create your own solution
Link with web content management systems, manage ingest, orchestrate web and mobile distribution, or create any workflow you can imagine with optional Media | Distribute (formerly Interplay Pulse) integrations, included Web Services APIs and the expertise of Avid Services.
Use less storage
Tracking of all media eliminates duplication and makes regular, safe deletion of unneeded media a quick and simple task. Workflow-connected nearline and archive storage expands media reuse and lowers average cost per used TB.
From base configurations ideal for smaller dedicated facilities, to large configurations with hundreds of connected users requiring wide-ranging and diverse operations such as those at the industry’s largest news and production facilities, there is an Interplay | Production configuration for any workflow.
Interplay | Production consists of:
- Base configuration comprised of asset management software running on powerful server hardware connected to ISIS shared storage.
- Role-based client applications designed to work within common shared work environments.
- Options designed to run invisibly and address specific workflow needs.
Industry best, precision editing tools >Media Composer | Software, Media Composer | NewsCutter Option, Media Composer | Symphony Option
Get seamless interaction with all Interplay | Production assets and functions without leaving your editing software.
Collaborative unified experience and tools > Avid MediaCentral | UX (formerly Interplay Central)
Universal client with activity panes for searching, browsing, logging, shot-listing, simple editing, review and approval, and news package creation (with iNEWS).
Media access >Interplay | Access
Enables remote and in-house administrators to efficiently manage the system.
Optional Interplay | Production Services:
Extend Interplay | Production workflow capabilities by automating and moving all non-creative tasks to the background.
Ingest acceleration > Media | Director
Orchestrates the process of ingesting media into production and nearline storage, including initiating media parking, transcoding, and check-in
Instant or scheduled captures > Interplay | Capture
Manages media ingest from multiple devices, streamlining media capture with fast, accurate scheduling and control.
Simplified search and sharing > Media | Index
Accelerates and extends file search across multiple Interplay | Production systems—regardless of where the media is stored.
Collaborative editing everywhere > Media Composer | Cloud (formerly Interplay Sphere)
Real-time, workgroup-connected distributed editing. Enables Avid editors to playback and upload media and sequences from the field, enabling creative teams to build stories from wherever they take place.
Custom-selectable delivery > Interplay | Delivery
A single command that uses subclip, shotlist, or sequence information to determine what full or partial media segments to transfer between locations.
Fast file copy > Interplay | Copy
One-time or continuous high-speed replication of bulk files or folder structures across the LAN.
Simple media migration> Interplay | Move
Quickly and easily move files, folders, and entire folder structures between Avid ISIS storage systems
New resolutions, same asset > Media | Transcode
Manual and automated background transcoding, consolidation, and mixdown to the right resolution and tracking as a common asset.
Multi-Platform Distribution > Media | Distribute (formerly Interplay Pulse)
Unify content distribution to a diverse community of channels and devices through workflow automation.
Intelligent media transfers > Media Composer | Transfer
Manages media transfers to devices and workgroups in the background as work continues.
Streamlined archive and restore > Media | Archive
Production workgroup-connected archive management that unifies asset search, retrieval, and browsing and supports a wide range of storage options including NAS, SAN, and tape libraries.
Asset management interoperation > Media Composer | MAM
Production Interoperation (MPI).Automated media metadata exchange with Interplay | MAM.
Interplay API Program
APIs and SDKs that extend interoperation and metadata access to third-party applications and systems.
Avid Interplay running on Avid MediaCentral is an open platform that supports virtually any file type, and enables exchange with applications used in content creation, distribution, and management.
Avid Knowledge Base
Find answers, ask a question, locate documents and downloads.
Avid Training Services
e-learning, classroom, and on site courses for every user, every level.
Avid Training Services
e-Learning, classroom, and on site courses for every user, every level Do the impossible, simply.
Connect with other users.
Media Central | UX (formerly Interplay Central)
Access media and work on projects from practically any device, everywhere, using MediaCentral | UX (formerly Interplay Central), a cloud-based, web front-end to the Avid MediaCentral Platform. Whether you connect from a desktop computer, laptop, or mobile device, you get a unified experience (UX) to work whenever, wherever, and with whatever you want.
MediaCentral | UX features task-driven, customizable layouts that:
- Provide real-time access to production assets, metadata, and iNEWS stories.
- Extend story-centric, media production workflows, including multiplatform distribution and closed captioning.
- Facilitate workflow, video editing, audio editing, news story creation, rundown management, messaging, and workgroup collaboration.
- Tie multiple contributors with different roles together in and around the creative process
MediaCentral | UX unifies media production for multiple roles, enabling you and other contributors to:
- Search for and playback clips
- Drop markers
- Make notes
- Create sequences and scripts
- Log and generate sequences of multicam projects
- Add restrictions
- Record, monitor, and mix audio
- Message with deep links
- Manage rundowns
- Break and edit stories from the field
The modular interface accommodates and streamlines user tasks based on what you need to accomplish—here are some examples:
MediaCentral | UX is a web and mobile platform that delivers the ultimate in flexibility, enabling you to work how, when, and where you want.
- Access Media—Access all of your production assets and associated metadata across your Interplay | Production, Interplay | MAM, and iNEWS systems from a single, unified UI, with powerful search capabilities and real-time playback using Media | Index.
- Sequence—Create rough-cut, multicam, or other advanced sequences with video dissolves or L-cuts.
- Log—Add markers and sub-clip video or live feeds to allow subsequent search and retrieval of relevant content.
- Frame-chase edit—Add markers and sub-clip video or live feeds to allow subsequent search and retrieval of relevant content.
- Message—Send messages to all of your associates to exchange asset links and notes throughout the workgroup and directly to the editing desktop, speeding pre-planning, review, and approval.
- Restrict—Add content use restrictions.
- Adjust audio—Use any audio track from the source clip in a sequence, modify audio levels of individual clips, and create audio to narrate a video sequence.
- Create news stories—Write scripts while you view video sequences in a single user interface.
- Manage rundowns—Duplicate, group, and associate stories with sequences to simplify news production.
- Add closed captioning—Work with captions during media production for on-air and web content.
- Enable distributed workflows and real-time collaboration between media production functions to get more done.
- Connect with MediaCentral, an open, agile, extensible platform that adapts to your team's needs today and transforms to meet your needs tomorrow by enabling you to embrace new ways of working, connecting, and collaborating in your ever-changing business environment.
- Extend your available talent and resources by enabling field-based collaborators
- Ensure quality through the review and approval process.
- Enjoy simple deployment and low cost of ownership with a lightweight application that consolidates all software installation, licensing, administration, and upgrades into one or more servers that handle multiple simultaneous client connections.
- Choose your preferred platform with Mac and Windows support.
- Work with iNEWS content, Interplay media, or both simultaneously.
- Get real-time proxy generation for streaming video access—low res clips are loaded on the fly.
- Enable distributed workflows.
Reality TV production
MediaCentral | UX provides the capabilities necessary to deal with the hundreds to thousands of hours of footage shot in a typical reality show season. Producers, assistants, and loggers can contribute to the creative process without having to be in the facility to do it. Through the browser interface, contributors supporting the editorial staff can access all media to be more involved in the post-production process to deliver under tight deadlines.
Benefits of MediaCentral | UX for TV production:
- Log, make notes, and sub-clip media.
- Create locators and restrictions that define asset use, such as a talent release.
- Search footage by season or by logging information, such as by character.
- Producers can work with footage during the writing process.
- Simple editorial tools enable a producer to string-up media.
- Record temp voiceovers from the browser interface.
- Review footage from any location, either by browser or iOS tablet.
- Get multicam playback with support for up to nine simultaneous streams.
- View multicam with full audio monitoring across multiple audio sources.
- Add closed captioning or edit existing captions for on-air broadcasts and web content.
With MediaCentral | UX, sports producers and editors can find the perfect footage to inspire and excite fans. Loggers can work remotely to quickly add locators, comments, and notes as the game happens using Interplay’s Frame Chase capabilities. This metadata can be used to find the right media for the play or player when needed. Members of the staff can pull together highlights of games, player profiles, and fan events that can be retrieved from archive or nearline later in the season. Through integrated playout options, material can be pushed to in-stadium playout servers easily.
Benefits of MediaCentral | UX for sports:
- Add locators and create sub-clips for plays, lineup, injuries, and stats.
- Search for and access assets across multiple Media | Index-enabled Interplay | Production and Interplay | MAM databases—both local and remote.
- Review and log game footage before it gets to edit.
- Search to find the right frames when you need them.
- Assemble a roughcut, shot list, or even a final story.
- Add closed captioning or edit existing captions for on-air broadcasts and web content.
MediaCentral | UX extends newsroom capabilities to connect journalists and contributors wherever they are with story-centric workflow tools. Create stories once and publish everywhere, including to social media, web, and online video platforms through direct integration with Media | Distribute MediaCentral | UX also extends multinewsroom capabilities by providing direct access to every station group or network iNEWS system. With direct integration to the Delivery and Transfer functionality of Interplay | Production, MediaCentral | UX can be used to drive Send-to-Playback of material and to transfer media to remote sites.
Benefits of MediaCentral | UX in the newsroom:
- Control every aspect of story creation and distribution through integrated tools for mobile reporting and editing, news graphics, rundown management, playout control, and multiplatform distribution.
- Enhanced collaboration and distributed workflows mean faster story delivery to multiple platforms.
- Send-to-playback enables rapid turnaround on breaking news.
- Advanced editing capabilities enable complete package creation.
- Create, browse, and share media, script, and rundown assets with rich metadata.
- Search for and access assets simultaneously across multiple Media | Index-enabled iNEWS, Interplay | Production, and Interplay | MAM databases—both local and remote.
- Open projects in Media Composer | NewsCutter Option, giving craft editors more opportunity to collaborate with journalists.
- Synchronize story creation by creating and editing iNEWS scripts and Interplay sequences and associating them in real time.
- Consolidate and manage iNEWS stories through projects.
- Manage rundowns by duplicating stories and sequences and grouping stories.
- Connect with newsrooms around the world with iNEWS Community and/or Media | Index.
- Add closed captioning or edit existing captions for on-air broadcasts and web content.
Mobile capabilities and access:
- Create, edit, and review and approve iNEWS scripts with native iOS and Android apps.
- Review Interplay | Production video and iNEWS rundowns.
- Replace printed iNEWS scripts for on-air talent and handwritten notes for field reporters with Presenter mode.
- Codecs HD: XDCAM HD 50Mbits/35Mbits/ 17.5Mbits, XDCAM EX 35Mbits, HDV 720p, HDV 1080i, AVC-INTRA 100/50, DVCPRO-HD, DNxHD 115-120-145, DNxHD 36-40-45, H264.
- Codecs SD: IMX50/40/30, JFIF, DV 50, DV 25 420, DV 25 411, MPEG2 Long GOP SD, MPEG-4 Proxy H263, MPEG-4 Proxy H264.
- Codecs Audio: PCM 32-44-48khz 16/24-bit, MPEG 1 Layer 2 Stereo.
- 3-5 Mb/s Internet connection for optimal performance
Mobile devices with the following operating systems:
- Android OS 4.1.x or later.
- iOS 6.x, 7.x, 8.x.
- Safari 6 or later.
- Chrome on Windows 7 or later.
- IE 9 with Chrome Frame plug-in on Windows 7.
- iNEWS 3.4.2 or later.
- Interplay | Production 2.5 or later.
- Interplay | MAM 5.
- MOS Active x plug-in support.
- Media | Distribute (formerly Interplay Pulse) multiplatform delivery.
- Italian (user interface only).
- Simplified Chinese.
- Lightweight browser-based application accessible via a secured Internet connection.
- Story-centric organization.
- Customizable views.
- Modular, resizable function panes.
- Add optional modules to expand your capabilities, such as Media | Index global search, Media | Distribute multiplatform delivery, and Media | Director file-based ingest.
Software installation, licensing, administration, and upgrades are consolidated on one or more servers that handle multiple simultaneous client connections for browsing and editing.
- Minimum dual 8-core @ 2.0 GHz, 64 GB RAM.
- Qualified: HP DL360P Gen8 server and RHEL operating system.
- Optional: 10 GigE network card.
The Promise of AS-02
Extending interoperability with a new format standard...
- Avid Community Connect with other users
- Avid knowledge base Find answers, ask a question, locate documents and downloads
- Avid training services e-Learning, classroom, and on site courses for every user, every level
- Additional resources Resource guide: Extend your Avid Experience with these solutions from our third party developers